Why Become a Lake Shore Member
- Supporting working dogs events for which Swissies are bred such as Weight Pulling, Pack Hiking, Drafting, Sheep Herding, Agility
- Supporting one of the few AKC sanctioned GSMD clubs in the U.S.
- Bringing together a local community of Swissy enthusiasts and breeders
- Enables the club to pay for insurance to host events
- Food and supplies at events
- Club web site to inform, educate, and communicate about our breed locally
- Eligibility for member-only events
- Eligibility for member discounts at events
- Eligibility for club sponsored contests and prizes
- A unified voice to the national GSMD club
- Administrative costs to run the club
- Members only mailing list
- Event facility rentals
- Free usage of our club harnesses and weight pulls
- Upkeep of club equipment such as the weight pull cart
Regular Membership is available to anyone that resides in the Club's area and is in good standing with the American Kennel Club. This membership has full privileges of Club membership, including one vote, and the ability to hold office. Member must own a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. Application must also carry the endorsement of two LSGSMDC, Inc. members.
Household Membership has the same requirements as the regular membership and is further defined to include two (2) members of the same household. Each member receives one vote.
Associate Membership is for anyone who is ineligible for regular or household membership, but desires to work in association with this Club's interests. Associate members shall have the same privileges as regular and household, except they are ineligible to vote or hold office. This membership type is ideal for the person interested in more information on the breed or reside outside of the Club's designated area of Northeastern Illinois and Southeastern Wisconsin.
All Applications for membership must be in writing on the specified form. The applicant agrees to abide by the Constitution and Bylaws, and the rules of the American Kennel Club. Accompanying the application, the prospective member shall submit dues payment for the current year.
Membership includes notification of all our Club events, discounted entry fees for our performance events, use of dog harnesses at Lake Shore pulls, access to our Yahoo Group email list and eligibility for club awards.