Welcome to our website!
Welcome to the Lake Shore Greater Swiss Mountain Dog Club website. If you are investigating the breed, we welcome you to view our site, join our club and speak to our breeders. See our Breeder Classified page for breeder information. We also encourage you to meet as many Swissies as possible before selecting this breed as your next family member.
The Lake Shore Greater Swiss Mountain Dog Club, Inc. (LSGSMDC) is a non-profit organization that provides a medium for Swissy owners and fanciers. Open to families and individuals who enjoy working and playing with their Swissy, we also provide plenty of fun and educational activities throughout the year including fun matches, hikes, picnics and several Swissy gatherings.
Founded in 1999, the LSGSMDC, Inc. now boasts over 100 members. While the club is a local specialty breed club, with members mainly from the Northeastern Illinois and Southeastern Wisconsin area, membership is open to anyone with an interest in the Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. We encourage members to attend bi-monthly meetings where we discuss club business and plan forthcoming events. These meetings are also a great way to meet other Swissy enthusiasts and to take advantage of the wealth of knowledge our club members have gained over their many years working, playing with, training and caring for their Greater Swiss Mountain Dogs. Members also enjoy the quarterly "Baroo" club newsletter and are invited to our YAHOO Group email list.
Mark your calendars now for the following events!
UPCOMING CLUB EVENTS
- 2014 Winter TriAthalon - Attend the 3 winter events below (click here for pdf with additional TriAthalon details) - some events require pre-registration! T-Shirt sponsorship available now (click link for t-shirt info)
- April 26, 2014 - One day hike, Lowden Miller State Forest, Oregon IL - Click here for details
- April 26 & 27, 2014 - Two day back to back pack hike. Lowden Miller State Forest, Oregon IL - Click here for details
- May 17, 2014 - Sheep Herding Clinic, Big Yellow Boots, Portage, WI - Click here for details
- May 18, 2014 - Sheep Herding AHBA Herding Capability Test, Big Yellow Boots, Portage WI - Click here for details
- May 31 - June 1. 2014 - Swissy Summer Camp, Primitive 2 day hike, Kettle Moraine North WI - Click here for details
- June 14, 2014 - Lake Shore Specialty and Obedience Trial
- June 13 & 15, 2014 - Little Fort Kennel Club all breed shows
- September 14-19, 2014 - GSMDCA National Specialty Week, Bethlehem, PA
Please support our club through our Ways & Means page. By shopping through our links the club will receive a percentage of the sales. This is a great, economical way to support our club.
Additionally individuals can sign up for membership through our website or renew for the upcoming year.
We look forward to seeing everyone at our upcoming events!